"Truly delightful, comfortable, welcoming.
Stayed in well-appointed Kahu Eco-cottage, very impressed with standard of accommodation and fantastic views. Would certainly stay again, longer next time.
TOM CHAPMAN - 09 Jan 2012."
Experience The Catlins at your own pace and in a comfortable, safe and eco-friendly cottage, fully equipped with all you need. There are 4 individual private cottages located on the edge of our 8 hectare native forest covenant.
In keeping with our respect and love of nature, our cottages are named for native birds, Riroriro (Grey warbler); Korimako (Bellbird); Kahu (Hawk); Karearea (Falcon)
The Catlins area in southern New Zealand is a natural retreat where wilderness and farmland coexist, where beech and podocarp rainforest with abundant native birdlife still extends from hill tops to the coast. The headlands and beaches of the varied coast are home to sub-antarctic wildlife such as yellow-eyed penguins, petrels and sealions. The Catlins is a place for those who love nature to stay a while and enjoy the freedom of the many outdoor opportunities for exploration. For more detail see the travel map below
We cater for the varied tastes of visitors to The Catlins. You can choose cosy self-catering cottage accommodation with advice from us on how to discover the area; or come on our friendly fully catered walks or ecotours with us to explore, see the wildlife and learn about natural and human history.
Fergus and Mary Sutherland.
Our eco cottages overlook the Catlins River Valley......
Mohua Park eco cottages are designed for two people, but pull-down divans in the living area allow up to four people in a cottage with a curtain room divider.The Mohua Park eco cottages are TV and phone-free zones of peace and quiet, they provide stunning self catering accommodation retreats in the heart of the Catlins. All the cottages have views over the Catlins River valley, forest and farmland.
1. COTTAGE PRICE PER NIGHT: $170 FOR UP TO TWO GUESTS
$20 per extra person. $30 surcharge for one night stays.
2. MAP of Mohua Park cottages and grounds.
3. ECO-FEATURES: Click here for information about the eco-features in the design of the cottages and protection of the forest at Mohua Park.
4. VIDEO: Click here see a video about Mohua Park.
5. BROCHURE: Click here for a Mohua Park brochure to print
6. MAP: Click here for a TRAVEL MAP to 744 CATLINS VALLEY ROAD
We are located 20 minutes South of Owaka, 2 hours drive from either Dunedin or Invercargill airports
7. BIRDS: Click here for a Catlins Bird List
8. Mohua birds. Click here to see our video of mohua(yellowhead).
9. THE CATLINS: Click here to see our video about The Catlins.
10. RADIO INTERVIEW ABOUT THE CATLINS Click here for a radio interview with Fergus Sutherland of Mohua Park.
11. GERMAN: Öko-Ferienwohnungen in den Catlins / Neuseeland
12. Our other site: www.catlins-ecotours.co.nz
13. We support and work for the Papatowai Forest Heritage Trust
MOHUA PARK IS FOR SALE, click here for information
Check availability, see up-to-date reports from guests and make bookings online here:
Catlins Mohua Park
744 Catlins Valley Road
RD 2, Owaka,
South Otago, New Zealand
Ph/fax: (03) 415 8613, Toll free: 0800 CATLINS
Email us to obtain more information.
Updated 24th March 2013